TS BIE reduces 30 pc syllabus for academic year 2020-21


Hyderabad: The Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) has reduced 30 per cent syllabus in the intermediate first-year and second-year courses for the academic year 2020-21. The syllabus was cut as nearly four months of classes were lost due to the Covid-19 pandemic and consequent lockdown.

In both first and second-year intermediate, syllabus in History, Economics, Political Science, Geography, Public Administration, Commerce and Accountancy subjects has been reduced by 30 per cent. The reduction of syllabi in science subjects is based on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) reduction, said the BIE in a press release on Tuesday.

According to the Board, in the History-I subject, Literary Sources in chapter-I (History, Geography and Sources), Early Vedic Period, Later Vedic Period, and Science and Technology in the chapter-II (Indus Valley Civilization & Vedic Culture) among lessons/topics were removed.

Likewise, in History-II subject, topics including Language and Literature, Art and Architecture in unit-II (Age of Satavahanas), Economy, Society, Religion, Education, Language and Literature, and Art & Architecture in unit-III (Post Satavahana Period), Post Kakatiya Period in unit-IV (Age of Kakatiyas), and Mughal Interregnum (1687-1724 CE) in unit-V (Qutub Shahis), Join India Movement in unit-IX (Freedom Movement in Hyderabad State), Telangana Praja Samithi, Eight Point Formula in unit-X (Separate Telangana State Movement-Early Phase), Non-Cooperation Movements in unit-XI (Separate Telangana State Movement-Later Phase) and Popular Jataras in unit-XII (Fairs and Festivals of Telangana) were deleted.

The BIE has constituted subject committees to examine the recommendations of the CBSE and to pin-point the specific/topics which need to be reduced. Accordingly, the subject committees have made recommendations to reduce 30 per cent syllabi for humanities and languages. The Board made it clear that syllabus reduction is only for the academic year 2020-21.

The revised textbooks for History, Economics, Political Science, Geography, Public Administration, Commerce, and Accountancy for intermediate second year and Telugu (second language) for the first-year intermediate are available, the BIE said.

The Intermediate Public Examinations March 2021 and Intermediate Public Advanced Supplementary Examinations 2020-21 will be based on the 70 per cent syllabus, the BIE said, adding that details of reduced 30 per cent and remaining 70 per cent syllabi of all intermediate subjects are available on the website tsbie.cgg.gov.in.

Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .