Intex to set up new facility in Noida

Intex Technologies, head, mobile products, Ishita Bansal at the launch of the smartphones in Hyderabad on Thursday. Photo: Surya Sridhar

Hyderabad: Electronics manufacturer Intex Technologies is creating a new facility in Greater Noida where it will make a mix of products including mobile phones and consumer durables (LED TV and refrigerator). The new unit will be fully integrated facility that will also make chargers, batteries, speakers and other components. The company is expected to make an investment of Rs 500 crore in multiple phases, with Phase I expected to attract an investment of Rs 150 crore.

The company is developing the new facility in about 20 acres it has acquired, in a location where it says, has good component and accessory manufacturing ecosystem that is conducive for it to operate its facility. The unit will be ready for commercial operations within next two months.

Intex had been operating one unit in Baddi and one in Jammu in addition to three units in Noida. The company now plans to shift the production activity from the three units in Noida to the upcoming facility in Greater Noida, which will make both mobile phones as well as other consumer durable electronic products.

Ishita Bansal, product head-Mobile, Intex Technologies, told Telangana Today, “We intend to strengthen our capacities both in phone and consumer durable category. Currently, feature phones account for 60 per cent of the production and smartphones contribute to the remaining 40 per cent. But smartphones segment is fast catching up.”

When asked about the new mobile phone roll out in 2018, she said, “We plan to roll out four new smartphones in the under Rs 8,000 price range, and two feature phones below Rs 1,000.

The company, which has clocked a turnover of Rs 3,200 crore last year is aiming at 15-20 per cent jump at Rs 3,800 crore. The 22-year old company is today in 25 plus product categories.

Sharing the strengths of the brand, she said, “We make one new product every four seconds in our facilities and one new product gets sold every two seconds.”

New phones
Intex has launched new range of 18:9 display full view smartphones. Initially, full view series comes with two models-INFIE 33 (5.5 full view) & INFIE 3 (5 full view). The 4G-Volte smartphones come with Intex UI and Android Oreo GO, respectively. Intex UI has features such as face unlock, privacy system, APP freezer and Android Go has spy capture along with varied camera features such as watermark, bokeh effect, face cute, time lapse in both models. The INFIE 33 is priced at Rs 5,049 and and INFIE 3 at Rs 4,649.

The 18:9 full view INFIE 3 model is supported with 2.5D curved glass giving a smoother touch and swipe experience and its ergonomic design gives the smart phone a premium and elegant look. INFIE 33 is powered with a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, while INFIE 3 has a 1.1GHz quad core with both devices supporting 1GB RAM to ensure smooth performance and multitasking. The devices are powered with a big 3000mAh and 2000mAh Li-Ion battery giving talk-time of up to 13 hours & 9 hours and standby of 230hrs & 180hrs respectively.

The smartphones also include Intex’s pre-loaded impressive feature services for the users. One such service is Xender app that helps subscribers transfer contacts, photos, SMS, files etc from their old phone to Infie 33. SwiftKey uses artificial intelligence to learn the writing patterns and make suggestions to make messaging easy. Gaana allows the users to enjoy unlimited access to all their favourite songs.