Hyderabad: A major fire broke out in a flat in an apartment complex in Uday Nagar in Banjara Hills here on Thursday afternoon. No one was injured in the incident; police said adding that a short circuit was suspected to have triggered the fire.
The incident occurred when the residents, natives of Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh, had locked the house and gone to Srisailam in view of Shivaratri a few days ago. Neighbours who noticed thick fire and smoke from the flat on the third floor of the multi-storied building alerted the police and fire department, after which a fire engine reached the spot and doused the fire. A huge blast, suspected to be an LPG cylinder in the house, too was heard.
The incident led to panic in the surroundings. The Banjara Hills police are investigating.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.