The weather is ripe for having something super delicious to warm our bellies. Chicken is considered a healthy alternative to red meat, as it helps in building muscle, aids in weight loss and strengthens bones and has all the required proteins and nutrients required for our health. It can be prepared in vast variations depending on the regions and tastes. It can be baked, grilled, fried, boiled, and roasted as well.
Creamy chicken is easy to make and goes well with roti, bread, naan, or any flavoured rice. Pepper, cream, curd cooked along with chicken is a flavour combo that is out of this world. Try this easy chicken recipe for special occasions or a normal day to make it special and treat your family and friends.
*Chicken : ½ Kg
* Curd : ½ cup
* Onions : 2 nos sliced
* Cashews : 10 to 12 nos
* Green chilies : 4 nos slit
* Pepper powder : 1 ½ teaspoon
* Salt : 1 tsp or as needed
* Lemon : ½ a squeeze
* Garlic : 5 to 6 cloves
* Ginger : ½ inched 2 pieces
* Cardamom : 3 nos
* Caraway seeds : ½ tsp
* Bay leaf : 1 no
* Cinnamon : 2 to 3 pieces
* Cloves : 4 nos
* Kasuri methi : 1 tsp (dried fenugreek leaves)
* Fresh cream : 2 tbsp
* To a mixing bowl, add ½ kg clean washed chicken.
* Add ½ a cup of curd to it, 1 tsp of pepper powder, 2 slit green chilies, and half a squeeze of lemon.
* Add 1 tsp of salt, mix them all, and place it in the fridge to marinate it for 1 to 2 hours.
* Can be marinated overnight to make chicken more flavourful.
* To a pan, add half a tsp of butter and oil each, heat it.
* Add 3 cardamoms, half a tsp of caraway seeds, 1 bay leaf, 2 to 3 cinnamon pieces, 4 cloves fry them till aromatic and change in colour.
* Add 10 cashews and fry them for a while, add 1 sliced onion, fry till transparent.
* Add 5 to 6 garlic cloves, ginger pieces and fry for a moment.
* Grind them all into a fine paste, add water if required.
* Heat 1 ½ tsp of butter/ ghee, add 2 green chillies slit (optional).
* Add marinated chicken to it and cook it on high flame.
* Cook the chicken till the water released from it evaporates.
* Add ground paste and mix them all.
* Add the water to the mixie jar and pour it into the chicken pan.
* Add ½ a tsp of salt or as needed, half a tsp of pepper powder.
* Mix them well and cook for a while.
* Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of kasuri methi and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame.
* Add 2 tbsp of fresh cream, more of fresh the cream can also be added.
* Mix them all thoroughly.
* The creamy chicken is ready.
Stay Tuned to Hyderabadi Ruchulu Column for more recipes, brought to you by Indira Ireni from Hyderabadi Ruchulu. YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/hyderabadiruchulu, (Website) www.hyderabadiruchulu.com.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.