Hyderabad: A five year-old boy who sustained burns when hot curry fell on him during a function in Ibrahimpatnam four days ago, died while undergoing treatment early on Sunday.
According to the police, M Dheeraj, a student and a resident of Saidabad along with his family members went to attend a house warming ceremony at a relative’s place in Ibrahimpatnam on Wednesday.
“While playing at the venue, the child slipped and fell on a container filled with hot sambar. He sustained burns and was rushed to Osmania General Hospital for treatment. He succumbed to injuries on Sunday early hours,” said D Vijay, sub inspector Ibrahimpatnam police station.
A case is registered under Section 174 (suspicious death) of CrPC and investigation taken up by the police.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.