Pineapple fried rice is a sweet and sour flavour which uses cooked rice that has been stir-fried and mixed with ingredients like eggs, vegetables and seafood. This East Asian homemade dish typically can be used with leftover dishes; in result providing countless variations.
The ingredients used in this go well not only with rice but noodles as well. The first dynasty which talks about fried rice is Sui dynasty which started fried rice to consume or as a way of reusing leftover rice. But yes, there is more to this sweet and sour dish.
When you select the ingredients, keep it minimal. The more the ingredients, the richer it becomes and the less you get the actual taste of Pineapple fried rice. This dish is supposed to give sweet flavour which tends to hide when you add more flavourful ingredients.
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten with a dash of salt
- 2 cups freshly chopped pineapple
- 1 red medium-sized bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped spring onion/ green onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup raw chopped cashews
- 2 cups cooked and chilled brown rice (jasmine long grained rice)
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsps chilli garlic sauce
- A freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro finely chopped for garnishing
- Heat the pan, and add a little oil to fry beaten eggs, and make it more like scrambled eggs and take it out into a bowl.
- Again, add oil into the pan. Then add pineapple and bell pepper and fry it for 5 minutes or till it gets caramelised.
- Now, add chopped green onion and garlic, and give it a good mix. After 2 minutes of frying, take it out and empty the pan.
- Again, add a little oil to the pan and fry chopped cashews for 40 seconds.
- Now, add the fried eggs and vegetables, or pour the entire content of the bowl.
- Then add chilli garlic sauce and lime to it, and finally cooked brown rice and mix all together nicely.
- Turn off the burner and garnish the fried rice with freshly cut cilantro and serve it hot.
- You can even use pineapple shell to serve your rice; just take out the pulp and fill it with the fried rice you prepared.