5-year-old falls into hot sambar, dies

0
7

Nalgonda: A Class I student Vishnuvardhan (5), who received burn injuries after falling into a utensil with hot sambar at Eduluru Government Primary School during mid-day meals, died on Friday night while undergoing treatment at Osmania Hospital in Hyderabad.   

The body of Balluri Vishnuvardhan was brought to Eduluru of Kattangur mandal on Saturday evening. Vishnuvardhan, son of Ramlingam and Saroja, belonged to Dalit community.  

District Collector Gaurav Uppal visited the school and enquired about the incident. He told mediapersons that the student breathed his last at 11 pm on Friday in the Osmania Hospital. He said that Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia would be given to the deceased’s family. The family would also be provided opportunity in double-bedroom scheme, he added. The Collector assured the victim’s kin that Vishnuvardhan’s sister would be given a seat in a hostel to help her in pursuing studies.

He informed that instructions had been issued to all the schools to use small dishes to serve food to students during mid-day meals.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here